NSP ONCE MORE speaks ill of the dead

Where the magic happens.

Re: NSP ONCE MORE speaks ill of the dead

Postby Spaff » 04 Jul 2016, 05:55

Shizuoka wrote:Iceland's hopes and dreams.

GOOD.

To be fair I'd imagine the average Iceland fan's primary dream was to simply avoid getting utterly dicked in the group stage. They were already dancing on air just from drawing with Portugal in their first game, so to get out of the group with another draw and a win was well over target. Then they got the absolute JOY of being the team to send England home before their four game unbeaten run came to an end against a side with every chance of winning it. And even in facing a rampant host nation they still managed to smash a couple of goals in to give their fans something to cheer.

If any of their fans had hopes and dreams of having a better tournament than that then they're fucking GREEDY because that cannot be considered anything less than an ABSOLUTE result for Iceland. It's like if Brighton made it all the way to the Champions League quarter finals.

Good on them, an up-for-it entertaining side. Scored EIGHT goals this tournament, that's TWICE as many as England. They are everything England aren't and have been a great part of this tournament so their players and fans alike can go home heads held high
Spaff

Postby The Baron » 04 Jul 2016, 06:12

Spaff wrote:
Shizuoka wrote:Iceland's hopes and dreams.

GOOD.

To be fair I'd imagine the average Iceland fan's primary dream was to simply avoid getting utterly dicked in the group stage. They were already dancing on air just from drawing with Portugal in their first game, so to get out of the group with another draw and a win was well over target. Then they got the absolute JOY of being the team to send England home before their four game unbeaten run came to an end against a side with every chance of winning it. And even in facing a rampant host nation they still managed to smash a couple of goals in to give their fans something to cheer.

If any of their fans had hopes and dreams of having a better tournament than that then they're fucking GREEDY because that cannot be considered anything less than an ABSOLUTE result for Iceland. It's like if Brighton made it all the way to the Champions League quarter finals.

Good on them, an up-for-it entertaining side. Scored EIGHT goals this tournament, that's TWICE as many as England. They are everything England aren't and have been a great part of this tournament so their players and fans alike can go home heads held high

Agreed.

When England scored against them I thought it would be a routine victory similar to the qualifiers. But they made our halfhearted disinterested overhyped CUNTS look exactly what they are. For the last ten minutes I was willing Iceland to win, and I've not done that watching England before.

Before the tournament Shearer was touting Harry Kane as leading goal scorer. The slap headed Geordie twat still had the lack of self awareness to be throwing his hat in the ring to be manager when Hodgson resigned.
The Baron

Postby Shizuoka » 04 Jul 2016, 13:16

Agree with both of you and in seriousness I respect what they've achieved no end. But at the same time I get quickly sick of gushing media and the culture of love-ins that rapidly evolves around over performing underdog teams. It reaches the point where the worst culprits of said love-ins become unbearable with a new-found adoration of a team they'd never given two shits about before, and that's when I enjoy watching that team get shafted.

Also, that commentator telling England they could leave Europe etc etc, some people might have found that charmingly offbeat, but I thought he sounded like an arse. Yeah, England were shite, but hearing anyone but our fans give us stick ignites a defensive streak.

So I thoroughly enjoyed watching France trounce them, even if that makes me a cunt. And I suspect it does. :blush:
Shizuoka

Postby The Baron » 04 Jul 2016, 14:30

Shizuoka wrote:So I thoroughly enjoyed watching France trounce them, even if that makes me a cunt. And I suspect it does. :blush:

Not really. It's a bit like when there is a cup upset at home, and everyone gets excited about how Wycombe/Colchester/Yeovil have put one over a 'big' club, but we still look forward to order being resumed in the next round when they get a proper slippering to prove that lightning doesn't strike twice.

I think a lot of people (me included) were happy when Leicester won the PL this season :scarf: , but within 48 hours were suffering from Ranieri fatigue and switched over as soon as another vox pop took up our screens as a 'fan' who had previously supported Man Yoo declared his undying love for the Foxes.
The Baron

Postby The Count » 04 Jul 2016, 15:01

Chris Evans' career, RIP.

(Was it ever conclusively proven that he was wanking to Baywatch while being secretly filmed for an episode of Noel's House Party?)
The Count

Postby The Count » 15 Aug 2016, 10:28

R2-Dead2

The Count

Postby The Count » 15 Aug 2016, 10:30

RIP Dalian Atkinson (pictured here in happier times with his father, Ronald).

The Count

Postby The Baron » 29 Aug 2016, 19:32

Gene Wilder, no longer Young Frankenstein, more Dead Frankenstein.
The Baron

Postby Poo Pong McPlop » 29 Aug 2016, 22:01

What an absolute CUNT of A year this has been on all seriousness :(
The downside of being an atheist is that i have nothing to say when people sneeze.
Poo Pong McPlop

Postby The Baron » 26 Sep 2016, 05:41

Arnold Palmer, not so much under par these days as under the soil.
The Baron

Postby The Count » 27 Sep 2016, 18:49

RIP Sam Allardyce's career.

The Count

Postby The Baron » 24 Oct 2016, 17:48

Pete Burns. No longer spinning round like a record baby.
The Baron

Postby YoN » 24 Oct 2016, 18:09

That's one question answered then.

Dead Pete,
YoN

Postby The Count » 09 Nov 2016, 13:21

"And there's [the late] Jimmy Old, the housewife's choice"

The Count

Postby The Baron » 12 Nov 2016, 21:09

Robert Vaughn. He used to be The Man From UNCLE, now he is The Man Six Feet Under
The Baron

Postby Morning Wood » 12 Nov 2016, 21:24

It certainly is in that coffin.
Morning Wood

Postby The Count » 24 Dec 2016, 15:28

Roll Over Lay Down [in the morgue]
The Count

Postby 8ace » 25 Dec 2016, 23:07

Last Christmas... - yeah it is now
8ace

Postby Marc » 25 Dec 2016, 23:33

Wake me up before you....Oh no.
Marc

Postby Poo Pong McPlop » 25 Dec 2016, 23:43

Imagine having Bruce Forsyth in the sweepstake.
You'd be devastated this year :glare:
The downside of being an atheist is that i have nothing to say when people sneeze.
Poo Pong McPlop

PreviousNext

Return to NSP